Moses, A Life Of Miracles
From an infant until he closed his eyes on Mount Nebo, the story of Moses is filled with drama, action, tragedy, celebrations, miracles, world changing events, and tremendous historic and spiritual significance.
This sculpture was commissioned for the International Pathfinders Camporee, scheduled for August, 2024.
The depiction of the main figure is Moses on Mount Nebo, at the end of his life of service. He is reflecting on the many miracles and events of his life, as well as the close relationship he developed with God. Six of those miracles and events are portrayed around him:
- Moses found by the Egyptian princess with young sister Miriam nearby
- Moses encountering the burning bush
- Moses before Pharaoh: “Let My People Go!!”
- Moses dividing the Red Sea
- Moses descending Mount Sinai with the Ten Commandments, and is heartbroken at the sight of revelry around the Golden Calf
- Moses striking the rock for water.